You know it's hot in Lamu, Kenya when......
1) The best beach spot is determined by shade
2) Hot water comes out of both taps
3) You worry your ceiling fan is spinning so fast it will fly off and kill you
4) The temperature drops below 32 degrees C and you feel chilly
5) The effort of toweling yourself off after a shower means you need another shower immediately.
6) You discover you can get sunburnt through your window
7) You develop a fear of belt buckles
8) You break into a sweat at 7am as you leave your house
9) Your biggest donkey accident fear is "What if I get knocked over and get cooked?"
10) You realise that asphalt has a liquid state
11) Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to prevent them from laying hard boiled eggs
12) The trees are whistling for dogs (or cats)
13) While walking between yoga events you sweat as much as you did in the event
14) Bikram Yoga seems like the funniest joke ever
15) Every yoga is Bikram Yoga
16) Pulling yoga clothing on requires dedication to your practice
17) A black yoga mat burns your feet
18) Your sticky mat is covered in sweat and should be called a slippery mat
19) Sticking your head in the freezer and taking deep breaths is considered a great idea by everyone
20) You keep everything in the fridge, including clothing
21) You dream of having a cold from having the aircon on full blast
22) You realise that Shopping Centres aren't just Shopping Centres - they are temples where we worship Air Conditioning
23) No one cares if you walk around with no shoes on
24) A cup full of ice is considered a great snack
25) A black out is-life threatening because your fans no longer work.