WHITE DESERT KUTCH RETREAT
Sensory Exploration Yoga and culture retreat
12th - 19th DECEMBER 2019
Rann Utsav of "Kutch" Region is cradled in the largest salt marsh of the world, ‘
• Shared accommodation (twin room) breakfast and dinner £750 Early bird
• Shared accommodation after 23/5/19 with breakfast and dinner £950
Located at the far Western edge of Gujarat, Kutch is not part of the usual tourist trail. Whilst many traipse through Rajasthan for a view of the desert, fewer venture to the other side of the Thar desert to explore this spectacular region. This makes it the perfect place to really feel how our ancestors must have felt when there was nothing before them but oceans of elusive sand.
Kutch is a place of wonders! Mountains, dessert, beaches, broken down palaces and many many cross cultural temples and mosques. The cottage industry of block printing, vegetable dying and handloom ajrakh all originate from this small town. This is a retreat offering sensory delight
• Daily yin or yang asana practices
• Led and silent meditations
• Access to the Festival site
• Excursions to sacred sites
• Shopping experiences
• Trip to local artisans
• 2 nights White Desert Festival Rann of Kutch
• 3 Nights Bhuj City Guest House accommodation
• 2 Mandavi Beach
• Breakfast and dinner x 5 days
Lunch included in the desert
• Airport Transfer from Bhuj to Guest House and drop off
This festival of Kutch celebrates the colour of the region, providing an arena for the arts and crafts of Gujurat to be displayed and purchased. It's possible to spend hours just walking through the stalls looking at the detailed embroidery on bed linen and brightly coloured leather work that had been intricately carved into decorations.
Beyond the festival we will visit local artisans who practice traditional Indian arts including rabari emroidery, rogan art and the distinctive mirror work that Kutch is known for.